It took us a couple of more days than expected (thank the junior doctors who went on strike as the reason we couldn’t be discharged from the hospital earlier), but we finally made it home. Your mother has been on call breastfeeding you and I do my best to support her however I can. Perhaps we both psyched ourselves out with expectations that’d we lose our lives with you around, but so far, we’ve still found time in the day to do things in general albeit at a more sluggish pace.
These are my random field notes and observations from week 1:
- You may have werewolf blood in you – completely tame and calm during the day, and a howling hungry madman at night. It sounds cool, but I assure you it’s not.
- Time passes by fast when you’re preoccupied. A baby is the ultimate preoccupation personified.
- I normally don’t like/listen to classical music because I find it boring, overly calming and unstimulating. But after you’ve come into our lives boring, overly calming, and unstimulating is exactly what I want in contrast to your nighttime howls.
- You like resting your face on your hand
- Kili finds you interesting.
- Really really interesting.