It’s the second week and we’re all surviving. In fact, I’d say we’re thriving rather than surviving. Your mother and I have been very lucky because you’re an easy baby so far. EAT SLEEP POOP REPEAT seems to be your mantra. You don’t seem to really understand the concept of crying, which I don’t mind at all!
Onto my field notes for the week:
- This is what happens when your mom is a food blogger.
- Now that we’re doing laundry everyday for your cloth diapers, I’ll just go ahead and throw in the clothes I wore the day before, which makes me feel like I’m doing laundry at the rate of a normal person (e.g., wearing after one wash rather than my usual four or five wears…).
- I’ve been wearing a sleep tracker to see how my sleep is being affected from waking up in the middle of the night to change your diaper. Contrary to popular belief, I am getting more REM and deep sleep than usual.
- Your mother made an funny comment to me the other day. She said I should thank you because she just smothers you with kisses and hugs now rather than me. So thank you.
- The “new born” smell you emit is like gentle laundry detergent. Someone needs to make this scent (not just name it as such!). They should use your picture too.
- Cloth diapers ain’t too bad and neither is diaper duty. It has really piqued my interest in poop.
- You have favorite breastfeeding positions and your mother took the liberty to name them. The “Rugby Ball” and “Monkey” seem to usually do the trick.
- You have a couple of pretty funny sleeping positions. My three favorites are the “Hands up!”, “I’m just chillin'”, and “DJ Milo”.