Your mother and I miss America – we talk about growing up in the Midwest all the time and the large open fields, but we can’t go back there, not with the country in its current state – they’re about to nominate Donald Trump as a presidential candidate!! You did not misread that.
So instead, we’ve been infusing our food and drink options with a little taste of America…like eating protein-style quarter-pounder burgers the size of your head.
And going direct to wholesale with our drink orders…
Kili clearly has no idea what’s going on. All she sees is a new wall blocking her freedom.
Anyway, onto some field notes:
- I love using the nasal aspirator on you. There’s something very satisfying about seeing the fruits of my suction labor. In this case, immediate gratification in the form of boogers and snot.
- Whenever you can, including when we hold you, you curl up into a little ball like a roly poly bug. You’ve been observed as being a very curly baby by both laypersons and medical professionals. Congratulations.
- We’re back to swaddling you. I used to think you liked your arms free. Then your arms got longer and when you spasm in your sleep, you knock the walls of your box waking your mother and yourself up. Sorry.
- I talk to you in rhymes now. I’ve read one too many children’s books to you now.
- You’re starting to develop a real mullet. The hair on the back is growing while the hair everywhere else isn’t really doing anything.