2015 was a year of transition for us: we got Kili and your mother became pregnant with you. And what came with all that was the transformation of a somewhat minimalist apartment to one littered with dog toys all over the floor and children’s illustrations plastered all over the former guest room.
It also marked our third year of marriage, which is no special feat in and of itself. In fact, with a puppy in tow and you on the way, it’s all very textbook so far. Looking back on my “journal” or daily log, I’ve recorded the following statistics about my relationship with your mother in 2015:
- We fought 24 times (down from 54 in 2014).
- The total amount of time we actually spent fighting was approximately 4,570 minutes (or 76 hours or 3 days)
- This averages out to 190 minutes (about 3 hours) per fight.
- The longest fight lasted 1,440 minutes (about 24 hours).
- The shortest fight lasted 20 minutes.
It’s hard to draw any conclusions from that rough data, but I suppose it’s interesting. The only meaningful data point is that we seemed to have fought less, which is always a good thing! Maybe it was because we got a puppy or I have become a better listener or your mother has become more patient – who knows, and to a large degree, who cares?
As for my 2016 resolution, I’d like to only waste a maximum of two days of your mother’s and my life arguing with each other. And with that extra day, we can fawn over you some more.