I probably have like ten notebooks/notepads lying around in addition to my phone all for the sole purpose of jotting little memories down. I do have a thing for notebooks in general, but the unintentional benefit is one is always within reach when I need it.
I do distill some of these memories into the cartoons that I’ve been drawing, but I’m a slow drawer and only certain moments are more suited to that medium. And life with you is hours of “moments” a day – can’t keep track of them all!
So here’s a random dump from recent weeks:
- I got this idea in my head that we should go back to putting you to sleep with white noise music, so I put on the old rain track. You fell asleep to it all right, but the next morning you told us “I scared rain.” I felt pretty bad, but it was really cute.
- You have a cereal ceremony you must perform whenever you have that for breakfast (which is fairly common): you open up the container and pick one of the sweet ones out to eat before pouring the cereal into the bowl. The funniest part about it all is how you have to tell us what you’re doing every single time.
- We were working on your spelling and one of the words was “tuba”. You spell the letters on the toy and then it’ll say the word followed by a relevant noise. It turns out tuba sounds like someone farting according to you when you asked: “shei fang pi?” upon hearing it.
- For as long as we can remember, you’ve always twirled your foot before falling asleep. Your mom speculates it’s your way of scratching it, but I think you just like it. As a corrollary to that, you also really enjoy having those feet of yours shoved under or between our legs or our body and the mattress. You just like to sort of be crushed.
- You love making me a toy peanut butter and jelly sandwich, then tell me where to hold it so I don’t get jam on my fingers. “Hold here so no jam on your fingers no corn no corn egg.” Not sure where or why you add the bits about your allergies at the end of it though! I then take the sandwich apart and wipe it on your face with a big “Yucky!” which is followed with uncontrollable laughter.
- I think you’re really going to like skiing. You really love skidding around the floor in your socks and underwear.